Friday, July 10, 2020

Italy: Huge surge in support of LEAVING the EU, recent poll reveals

Recent polls from Italy shows that there has been a huge surge in support of leaving the European Union after the coronavirus outbreak.

A recent poll shows that 40% of the Italians are in favour of leaving the EU and scrapping the euro as its currency.

Another 6.1% are in favour of just leaving the EU, whilst 7.3% are in favour of remaining in the EU, but scrapping the euro as its currency.

Just 41.7% are in favour of Italy maintaining its current status.

The survey was carried out by Bidimedia between April 15 and 16, asking 3,400 people “Would you agree to leave the euro and the EU?”

The poll backs up an earlier poll which revealed that 49% of the Italians are in favour of leaving the EU, and 51% in favour of remaining.

This is a huge surge from 2019 where just 25% of the population were in favour of leaving the EU.

These polls come after another opinion poll last month, where 88% of the Italians felt they had been let down by the EU.

The Bidimedia poll also reveals that the confidence in the Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte is wavering.

According to the poll, 43.9% of the Italian have no confidence and another 11.8% little confidence in his leadership.

22.9% said that they were highly confident in his leadership and another 20.6% satisfied.

The poll comes after the coronavirus outbreak, which has had an impact on the public opinion on the EU and the Italian leadership.

Italy was in the beginning the coronavirus epicentre in Europe, and Italy still has the highest number of coronavirus deaths in Europe.

Italy has at the time of writing over 197,000 coronavirus cases and 26,000 deaths.

Paul Imanuelsen
Paul Imanuelsen
Paul Imanuelsen is the founder and main writer for Latest from Europe. He is a Swedish photographer and the author of 5 books.

MORE BY LATEST FROM EUROPE

Most Popular

Shocking video: Swedish coronavirus patient suffocates to death after being refused oxygen

Anita Pettersson, 55, was taken to hospital in late March after being diagnosed with coronavirus. But the hospital refused to give her...

LATEST: Coronavirus updates from Sweden

We have the LATEST live updates from the coronavirus outbreak in Sweden! Sweden's strategy seems to be to just...

Norway reports its SNOWIEST winter for over 60 years

According to the Norwegian government, this winter has been the SNOWIEST winter for over 60 years in Norway. Norway is...

LATEST: Coronavirus updates from the UK

We have the LATEST live updates from the coronavirus outbreak in the UK! The English approach was first...

Spanish study reveals that not all people who test positive for Coronavirus antibodies are immunized against the virus

A study from Spain suggests that 44% of people with mild or asymptomatic infection have very low antibody levels with little neutralizing...

Italy: Huge surge in support of LEAVING the EU, recent poll reveals

Recent polls from Italy shows that there has been a huge surge in support of leaving the European Union after the coronavirus outbreak.

Sweden: Over 1,1 Million preborn children aborted since 1974

There has been over 1.1 million abortions in Sweden since 1985 alone. Exact statistic from before 1985 is hard...